Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting back into it

Finally on Friday the desktop got sorted. They claimed it was to do with the ram banks or something. When I got it home, still didn't work but when I tried different lead it did. The lead that didn't work was an foreign 2 prong plug which needed an adaptor. Everything that I had tried with that adaptor since has not worked. I am sort of worried if I tried "irish" lead with new psu when I bought it that it may have worked perfectly even before I brought it in for repair. Irrespective of that, it's fixed and I have everything up to date and backed up now.

I am now faced with familiar problem of trying to re-acquire a good routine. I played a bit on Sunday morning and also played yesterday evening. Both times I finished up and settled back into it pretty much straight away. I am really trying to work on beating up on regs. I have been doing a lot of reading up into certain training series and feel it has helped me have a better mindset and feel for what is needed. This will help when I try out at 400nl again and have to play against more regs on a regular basis and is ultimately the only way you can really crush a level. As I move up it's something I shall be faced with more and more.

In other news, looks like I am heading out to Vegas around February. I was chatting to a non poker friend and the idea just came up and we were like why not. Prices for flights and hotel are pretty cheap, get 6 days in good place on strip for 1k or even less if you want to. I was there last there but was rather broke so couldn't enjoy it that much. This time it shall be different. We will be mainly doing touristy stuff like going to shows, visiting the Grand Canyon etc although clearly Poker will play a part. The ideal trip would be poker winning over there pays for everything so I can free-roll everything else.

No comments: