Friday, November 14, 2008

Bang and my routine is gone

So first up grad went as expected. The ceremony itself was pretty long and drawn out and was just a matter of counting down to its end. I had overestimated how much the robes would cover so didn't even contemplate dressing up or wearing a shirt or tie like everyone seemed to which makes me the only person who wore a Mister T jumper on the day. The dean of DCU decided to use his speech to go on a tirade about how we must vote Yes to Lisbon II, it was rather bizarre. He barely gave a mention to the actual graduation part; talk about being on your soapbox.

Afterwords went for a small meal to celebrate and suitably everyone was far impressed with the parchment then I was. The Grad Ball turned out pretty well. The meal was fairly nice but I was already fairly full anyway so didn't eat much of it. The desert was some Belgian Gateaux and was absolutely glorious. It was almost worth the tickets alone just to eat it. If I ever learn to cook, I want to learn how to make stuff like that, it may not be healthy but screw that it would be well worth the time and effort involved.

On the poker front, trying to figure out where to go next with the Leprechaun bonus ending. I think I am likely going to try Everest Poker out, I have been hearing many good things about it. The downsides are lack of rakeback and datamining but if it's as fishy as I hear, that will more then make up for it.

Unfortunately all of this is currently a mute point as on Wednesday I found my computer to be off when it should have been turned on. So I turned it and nothing happened. I tried a different plug and when I attempted to insert a wire into the back, there was a rather loud bang and lots of sparks flying. This is of course not good. I figured the PSU(power source unit) was blown and went and bought a new one. I installed it but nothing, still dead so it looks my machine is up shit creek. I am getting someone out for repair but either way it's going to cost me some money and I may end up getting a new machine if needs be. It is lucky I started November with such a nice upswing, offsets any costs pretty well.

This is really annoying as the title says it breaks my routine. This is the biggest issue I have continually had for well over a year. I play a certain amount of hands and then take way too long a break. I could play on my laptop but I really don't want to as I gotten so used to better setup and it seems such a step backwards. Whatever is the cause I intend to get it sorted ASAP, if I need new machine I will buy it straight away, no messing about. Hopefully I can get 20k hands in for November. I would have wanted me before it but what can you do.

No comments: