Tuesday, February 26, 2008

HUD reliance

Things have cooled off a bit since my last post which is not too surprising. I can't run like that forever as much as I would like to. I am pretty much break even since that point, this includes the bonus so probably down about 2 buyins in play. I am not overly pleased with how I have been playing, I am been too spewy in spots and I think the reason behind it explains my title.

I start using the Holdem manager HUD last week after it randomly started working, it hadn't been working properly on Prima since it's purchase. I had the hud working on ipoker but I didn't like the lack of flexibility in the layout(which is still a problem) There was also something about it which I didn't like. I couldn't put my finger on it initially, but I figured it out after a while and it turned out it was the lack of colours for each stat. They didn't stand out like they did on PAHUD but with a little tinkering in options once I had the colours on and the number of stats streamlined then I liked it a lot more. There are an incredible number of stats displayed and just an amazing amount of information at your fingertips. There is also a great feature where you can double click stats box and get stats for current session for each player which is incredibly handy to able see how someone is playing now.

The added information has resulted in me becoming more laggy in spots, floating people more, cr in limped pots when I see they have a high steal% in limped pots etc and I think at times I can get a little too caught up in numbers so when I see someone who has 3 betted 8% of the time on the button I sort of stop evaluating ranges and just obsess over the idea that he is stealing and trying to bluff me. I then find myself calling a 3bet oop with marginal hands and trying to outplay people and generally getting it in bad. This is costing me too much money. It's good to experiment and try things out but there are definately times when I am over doing it.

This hand is an good example. I mean I almost embarrassed to post it
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2168410

Needless to say donk betting/3 betting 99 on KT3 board in 3 bet pot tends not to put you in good shape. I felt sorry for bartboos and he started going mad in chatbox asking me why I raised all in, I didn't answer as I had no answer. Looking back his aggression got to me and I got owned
Now thankfully this is worst example and probably the worst hand I have played in long while but I am still doing other things that need to be curbed.

So while the HM hud is really powerful I need to be careful not to get too caught up in the numbers and then maybe I will be able to post something more positive next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nh Rob,

Don't do it again !! I might really have a hand sometime =)

/bartboos