Saturday, March 1, 2008

Looking back and forward

So quick review of February. It was a really good month for me results wise. I completed the 2k bonus this evening and overall post a very healthy profit for the month. I would post up some stats and graphs but checkyourbets, pokertracker, holdem manager and Poker grapher all display 4 different totals which is funny. The reasons for this are 1) None of them really like the fact I am playing in euros. They were not designed with more then 1 currency in mind which is pretty poor imo and 2) I had issues with prima not writing HH properly so not every hand I played got imported. I do know I made over €7k anyway which is a very healthy profit so considering I was nowhere with the bonus on the 10th and happy to just make 2k in profit from the bonus itself, the final 19 days were an outstanding success.

I am going to take break for a day or 2 as need a rest after playing constantly for the last 19 days. I am hoping to read up more, I neglected theory quite a bit in Feb. I also signed up for a yearly membership for Leggopoker after hearing some pretty glowing reviews and they do have an impressive cast of winners. I hear in particular that Aejones vids are amazing.
I have also decided to go back to Green Joker not carlos and I am going to start to play 400nl. I am well rolled for it and I am going to try to make it my regular game but if action is slow then I am more then happy to play 200nl as well, I think this is the best way to move up, I can gradually adjust to it. If I can start to beat that for a good rate over a good amount of hands then I can really start looking at making a lot of money and maybe work on an idea I have in my head of what I want to do in the 2nd half of the year.

There is a thread on boards about a trip to Vegas. I am thinking of maybe heading over. Seems getting a bunch of us to rent a house works out pretty cheap. I have been to the US twice but they were on J1 visas so both times working holidays, it would be good to have a relaxing non working trip and also I would be in Vegas! Anyway just an idea now but who knows

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Return for the month, Guess it was only a matter of time and still pretty impressive how quick youve been moving through the levels and improving and i dont expect you to slow down either :)

Keep It Up
dvdfan

Samuel said...

Cheers Dvd
I am not sure if I can keep up with my speed for moving up. I will see how 400nl goes

Anonymous said...

good work doing well. what bankroll do you need to play 400nl?

Samuel said...

Well in general when you start getting to MSNL, 30 buyins sort of becomes accepted norm but people like to shot take with 15-20 and as long as you move down if you lose then there is a logic to it.

I myself shall have something closer to 40(actually over). Being rolled for a level is not enough a reason for me to move up. Beating previous level is also important and I've now beaten 200nl for 5.5 ptbb/100 over 45k hands I am pretty happy to try make the move now