Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tiredness and some rare live action

I took a break just like I planned after unibet bonus. I intended on playing on Monday but didn't and the reason is something which is bothering me more and more and that is my inability to sleep. My bodyclock seems to naturally want to deviate towards going to bed at 10am and waking up at 6pm and I feel like I am in a constant battle against it. I don't mind it for a bit but after a while it gets to me. I don't know but there is just something depressing about waking up when it's already dark. In contrast after a good night sleep and waking up in the morning you tend to feel great. This also co-incides with me playing really well when I load up a few tables. I have really tried to go asleep a bit earlier, when I say earlier I mean like around 6am but I just can't do it. My usually remedy for this is to stay up 30 hours, collapse into bed at 10pm and have a big sleep. Following that I start the inevitable drift back towards non daylightness. Some people suggest sleeping tablets but I have issues with any sort of tablet or medicine, not a phobia but I just don't like taking anything unless I have to. I always like to let my immune system fix me when ill etc. Anyway hopefully it resolves itself and I can have reasonable sleep pattern which facilitates everything.

I took part in DCU student masters. Here is boards.ie thread for it
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55325290

120 odd people took part in it. They had a pretty nice setup for it. The venue is a really good place to hold a tournament like that of that size. The dealers were actually good, I had a big concern going on about that but was proved wrong. Structure was decent early but turned into a crapshoot pretty quickly, I felt too quick but I always think that I suppose. My first table was the definition of perfect. I had an donktastic french guy to my right and 3 really tight players to my left. By the time the table broke up I manage to triple my stack mainly thanks to the french guy, I wish the table had never broken. In saying that my other table wasn't exactly bad either. In general play throughout was very very tight. Unfortunately for me the bubble was non existant, it lasted about 20 seconds and we didn't even play a hand for it. I could have stolen so many chips at that point. I got lucky a few times as is mentioned in that thread and got to final table on day 2 with an reasonable stack.

I felt pretty confident going into final table but within reason, ultimately skill wasn't going to play much of a factor, just a who is running well contest. The tightness continues and I stole a few pots early on but hour in I had pivotal hand. Guy raised all in for 2nd hand in a row. The first time he did it is worth a mention. Just as I was about to look at my cards I noticed at corner of my eye that he had stood up and was quietly calling his mate over, not verbally but waving his arm in that motion. I remember thinking looking down I hope I don't see a good but not great hand and of course I see 88. I thought for minute but my read was he was super confident and ended up folding. It was for about half of my stack. I would have had about 9-10bb if I call and lost. So on to this hand, his demeanor is very different, he stayed sitting down and pulled his cap down and generally looked uncomfortable. This time I look down and see 66 but feel I am racing nearly always and maybe occasionally be in a better spot. This, combined with the fact that it got announced blinds were going up next hand made me decide to go for it. Straight away, guy behind me insta pushes all in and I assume I am crushed and are dead to 2 outs. The original raiser turns over A9s, other guy turns over AJs. I was pretty shocked by how weak his hand was considering how confidently he pushed. Naturally though I was delighted with situation all things considered. Flop was 522 which was a lovely flop, turn was the Q of hearts giving AJ the nut flush draw and the river was 5 of hearts giving him the nut flush and decimating my stack. If I won that I would have had about 150k and being chip leader and would have felt really confident about taking it down.

I then went into push bot mode with 6 bb. I pushed 3 times in row, once it got folded, another with AK and split with another AK and final time with K3 which got called by 99. The flop was K3x but river was a nine so justice was served in end. My final hand I had 1bb and my A6 was no match for A8 and I was gone in 8th.

Boyle said they would add $200 to each of our accounts which is nice. I got €153 for 8th so made about 300 euro. I am happy enough with how I played final table. 88 hand is main disputable hand I think but overall no complaints.

Not going to play tonight, again tiredness, not feeling in mood. I will see how I feel tomorrow.
I got HM hud set up on mini view so I may try 6 tabling 200nl and see how I can handle it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when you have "three tight players to your left" something is wrong... PLAY LIVE MORE!! its more fun... winning is for losers!!!