Thursday, February 21, 2008

Running well

I love rushes. It's what makes poker so great and I am currently in the middle of an hefty one.
I am up 17 buyins over the last 4 days and I also got the 2nd part of my bonus for an extra 500. I should hopefully have another 2 of them coming as long as I put the hands in. In general I have been playing well, being aggro when need me and making some good call downs and feeling good about things. I also found out today that Unibet have deal going which means if you get 10,000 VIP points within a certain period of time then you get entered into 3 sats for WSOP package which is pretty sweet. I will get that pretty easily and hopefully I get lucky in 1 of them.

My 2 favourite hands came on the same table against the same opponent. He was a real donk, very aggro, stats were something like 34/24/5 and aggression factor by street was 5/9/14 which is crazy.
In the first hand my plan was to c/c down and then make small river bet to induce a bluff raise and it worked like a charm, I would have done same without the Queen hitting.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2134028

The second hand was was 25 minutes later. I think on that board he tends not to have it and river is a great card for me as well so felt obliged to call
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2134032

There has been a really funny thread on boards which started with an innocent 5-5 hand from Daithio but which has descended into big hu for rollz type debate, A prop bet has been proposed and looks like it's going to be accepted which is great. I am firmly on side of Phantom, cardshark and Holllaments. This debate about reads versus maths has being to death and yet it seems to pop up more and more often. With all due respect to Adam his post about 3 of them in other camp having won 200k on Hendon Mob was so hilarious. I haven't seen him play much but judging by this thread I think his current rush he is on is maybe going to his head. I never really rated HeeHaws from his previous posts and this thread has done nothing to change that view, more re-inforce it. It will be interesting to see how that turns out if it happens. Maybe, I will be proved completely wrong.

Today I played real bad yet won 3 buyins thanks to donk donating to me and me getting really lucky and hitting a flush, whole hand was a disaster and guy thinks I am a donk and going by that hand I can't disagree with him. Still, I shall have to use to my advantage by hopefully playing well and keeping my rush up!

No comments: