Saturday, December 13, 2008

Not much happening

Not been playing much the last week.
I just looked up my stats for the week and I have only played 3k hands which is a fairly poor effort on my part. That constant tightrope of trying to play a decent amount of hands but also only playing when I want to is an eternal struggle to me and still something I don't have an answer to. 1 of the reasons to move up levels is simply I don't have to play as many hands to win a reasonable amount. A rather obvious statement but important. I will likely never be a big grinder of 40k hands a month so to compensate it I need to move up as 200nl isn't going to serve my needs at a limited amount of hands.

Usual story in those stats, 400nl I am down but it's only 600 hands while at 200nl I am up fairly big over 2400 hands although that us down to 1 guy. All my profits from the week come from these 2 hands.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=7571848&postcount=4983

First time I ever had 1000bb on 1 table which felt good and likely my biggest pot ever. He was extremely awkward to play against though as he usually had position on me and kept overshoving all in which when we both have 500bb poses some tricky situations. I definitely made 1 bad fold before it but my patience paid off in the end to spectacular effect.

Mosconi cup, Preimiership, Heiniken Cup and NFL are on pretty much all weekend so it's an excellent weekend of sport but it will likely mean I don't get many hands in. Next week I will try to improve and go for 7k if I feel up for it.

No comments: