Saturday, December 6, 2008

400nl my nemesis

So I've slightly calmed down after my last entry.
It was mainly prompted by a hand where someone check/raised me twice on the flop and the turn. Check/raises are annoying but when it happens after you make a really retardo terrible bet it makes you want throw things at walls. Still, normally I wouldn't get as angry as I did. It's a cumulative thing cause so far December has been really going badly for me. It's about 75% running bad, 25% playing bad but it's the 25% that pisses me off. The problem is this always happens when I make a conscious effort to try move up to 400nl. It feels like I am just destined to languish at the obscurity of 200nl.

At the start of this year I was playing 200nl and it seems I will end it that way. That's not something to be proud off. Now I obviously had a lot going on throughout the year and took 2 or 3 major breaks which stifled any moves up along with my cautious nature with my bankroll. In terms of poker ability I feel like I have improved leaps and bounds but if I want to keep this up I need to show it next year. If I am still at 200nl at this point next year something is majorly wrong and if I haven't already I will likely have to take a cold hard look at everything.
Still a year a long time away!

No comments: