Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Alas March is at a end



I am rather happy to report I had a really good month both poker and non poker wise.
On the poker front, it was my best month results wise as the graph demonstrates. After rakeback I am up over 10k. I had two 4k days and generally ran hot throughout. Still, it feels good to have a month like this especially after having an break even one for February. I am also pleased with my work ethic. That improved a lot. I had a goal to play 25k hands and met it early. I kinda got lax when I met it and played very little over the final 5 days. As I said in earlier entry I worked on my productivity and time keeping and I feel that helped me a lot. Again, I kinda lapsed on that front at the end so I will be making sure in April that there will be no lapsing and I should hopefully get over 30k hands in preferably with similar results. I am trying not to get too excited though. I ran hot and I still feel like I need to work far harder on my game. I planned to work on the maths side a lot more and that never really worked out.

On non poker front, it was outstanding. Of course the highlight was watching Ireland winning the grand slam. Can you spell tension. The F1 season started of with a bang last weekend. I also completed a drama course that I had been doing for 10 weeks. I felt like doing something entirely different that would be a bit of a challenge. I'm really glad I took it. It was everything I hoped it would be. I've already signed up for the next course. A lot of my group are doing the same one which is sweet. It was a really good group so it's pleasing a lot of us are continuing on to the next step.

There was 1 downer though. It's becoming pretty clear that Leprechaun are not going to be delivering on the Irish Open ticket. There has been no contact and all the signs point to the fact that they simply don't have the money. I was always wary of this although I must confess I did think they would deliver a month ago. It's unfortunate and I am not sure what can be done about it. Clearly, it's something that I will have to look into. Still I haven't lost that much out of it. The biggest loss is the opportunity cost of what I would have gotten had I played on a different skin. There wasn't a huge difference but it's enough for me to be pissed about it. It's obviously a pity I will not be playing in the main event considering the money involved but still it doesn't take the gloss of the month for me. It's only a donkament after all.

Goals for April are
Play 30k hands or more.
Work on maths side of my game
Try to improve my productivity and organise my schedule better
Come up with plans for what to do during summer

1 comment:

tommygunne said...

Ul on the ticket. Well done on the month though!