Sunday, February 15, 2009

Midway February

Looked at my results for the month so far yesterday afternoon and I am virtually break even for the month. I thought I was up a bit more so a little disappointed by that (although I ran like a good last night so finished up a few buyins) I've played around 15k hands, an vast improvement over last month. I have upped my game on that score. A slight annoyance is a cold I have picked up over the last week which I can't seem to shake off but it doesn't seem to be developing into anything worse.

Being somewhat disheartened with my results I decided to look at the biggest winners on Ipoker in my Holdem Manager db. What I found most interesting is that all the biggest winners at 400nl seem pretty average. There are guys I wouldn't worry about having on my table at all. The sample sizes are still smallish relatively speaking going from 10k-25k in some cases and people can run hot over that amount of hands but it just goes to show to beat 400nl doesn't require anything spectacular. A lesson for me.

3 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......

The Consigliere said...

Man, how do you put in the time?! What with college and other things going on, I'm lucky to be able to put in a few hours over the weekend. I know that will mean a longer time grinding through the levels, but c'est la vie.

Best of luck at cracking 400nl - I suppose its all down to BR given what you say about some of the standard there. Thats whats killing me now - I'm forcing myself to stick to BR management even if it means I'm stuck grinding the micros for a few months!

Samuel said...

I have a lot of time on my hands.
Anyway it's not bankroll that's the issue. I am more then rolled for it. it's just beating it