Monday, January 19, 2009

Uninspired

I am feeling a bit down about poker at the moment. Ever since I had my prolonged break in August and September I have never felt fantastic about my game. I feel like I am always trying to get back even. When I started back in late September I took a huge dip early and took 6 weeks to get back even and just when I did I take another dip and so on. This has been the story of the last 4 months.

In the same period in 07 I ran soooo good. I just couldn't lose and it was how I initially got my roll for 200nl. I have improved a hell of a lot but can't seem to regain that feeling of invincibility that I felt during that period. I am constantly questioning and second guessing myself.

The same problems have cropped this month. I started of the month bad again and trying to claw it back, I also haven't played anywhere near as many hands as I like mainly due to not starting play to the 9th. Of course point 1 is I am being too results orientated. I can go weeks without actually looking at how I am doing but I always tend to have a good sense for it. I try to forget about it and think ahead and think in the long term but it's hard to do, least for me.

I think I will look into getting a coach. It would be good to have someone to have an overview of things and be able to tell me what is good and what isn't cause at times I feel like I have no idea. I also could do with some fresh ideas about how to approach things better, playing more hands, mentally preparing myself and so on. Everything I have done I have done on my own through reading forums, watching videos and so on. Maybe the fresh prospective would help me out. I need something anyway.

In more positive news. Lost is back this week. It's like Christmas day came early(or late) I am pretty excited by its return. Bring on thursday!

No comments: