Saturday, August 2, 2008

July in review


Things are going well! My graph above is of July. It must be said I was having an distinctly average month until the final week and I proceeded to run like an Ethiopian high on EPO. I am not going to say I played fabulously caused most of the winnings were just donated to me. I have been mixing in 400nl with 200nl and it's going well. The standard is as bad as 200nl and in sports much worse. There are lots of tags and some good players as well but with a bit of table selection there is certainly nothing to be scared of. I am fairly happy with the number of hands I played. I aimed for 15k in the final 2 weeks and that is what I got done. It helps when you can't have a losing session!

This month I don't expect to get many hands in. The 2008 Olympic games begin next Friday and pretty much decided I am going to watching them every hour of the day and barely play poker. I love the Olympics, just a festival of sport. In celebration of it and of the recently finished Tour De France I am going to purchase a bike. It will serve a few purposes; for 1 it will mean I will be getting exercise and that is something I have been sorely lacking in the last year or so. It will also give me something to do and focus on between sessions. Exercise makes you feel better and therefore should hopefully result in a better and more relaxed mindset and ultimately better decisions and results. That is the plan anyway.

Here is hoping I start August as I finished July!

No comments: