Friday, May 23, 2008

The end!!

Exams are over \o/

I think they went ok, bit touch and go on whether I get what I need but I think I should do. Once I get a pass then that is all I need. The degree means absolutely nothing to me. When I started college way back a long time ago. I had certain goals in mind for what I wanted to do and achieve by the time I finished. Not 1 of them involved getting a good degree. See back when I started I was a whole lot different then I am now and for the worse. I needed to "improve as a person" That sounds too much like what a self help guru would say but I can't think of a better way of putting it. I think every goal I set myself I have achieved. So while coming out with a pretty worthless degree in an area I have no interest in working in may seem a failure to some people and understandably so. I look upon it differently. I set out to achieve certain goals and I got them and that is all that matters to me.

So after my final exam I dossed around awhile and got home for the champions league final. I was up for Chelsea as I am firmly in the ABU camp and have been so I can remember. The first 25 minutes were awful, very reminiscent of the cup final last year but once Ronaldo scored game started for real. It turned out to be a pretty good final. The best one since 2005 imo. Chelsea were the better team overall on the night but they couldn't put United away when they had the chance and that usually costs you. I feel sorry for Terry, I can't imagine trying to deal with that.

Still a few things which annoy me. When there was a big brawl and Ray Haughton goes "nobody likes to see this" stfu and speak for yourself. I *love* seeing brawls, they are great, the more the better. I think I speak for 95% of people when I say that, seriously who doesn't love seeing a good punch up? 2nd thing which is sort of a function of the first point. Drogba's sending off. While I don't blame the ref for sending him off I think the biggest problem with football is the ridiculous rules Fifa and Uefa lay down. The fact that a little slap like this is seen as an automatic red card is so retarded it's incredible. It was a nothing incident, at best it should be a yellow card. This is an area football have it so wrong while rugby union have so right imo. You watch a Heineken cup match, you have a a bit of punch up, ref talks to them and tells them not to do it again and they both shake hands. That is the way it should be done. Red cards ruin games, the more it happens the more it takes away the spectacle of the game and it's happening too much and I sick of it!
So more brawls and less cards, that's the way forward!

So on to poker, being looking around for a few deals. Devilfish poker has been launched and they have a pretty good deal where you can get a 53-54% rb deal when you add in everything including signup bonus and rb. I think it will be good for me to do something like this for a few reasons 1) I think it would be good to start on different network, fresh start and all that as Devilfish is on Boss network 2) I perform better when there is a signup bonus as opposed to rb. What I mean by that is if I get 50% in rakeback which corresponds to €1000 or get a signup bonus which I have to complete in 30 days and that too is the same as 50% rb and €1000 then I am much more likely to get it with the signup bonus because the feeling of having to play a certain amount of hands otherwise nothing is so much more motivating. This is true of the Unibet bonus I got in February. I played more hands in 19 days then I have ever had to before or since just to get it. It's the same motivation when I have 2 days to go to an exam etc. I just need that pressure of having to play to really put the hands in. There are a few more deals around as well which I am looking at so hopefully I can really motivate myself for the summer and really put the hands in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first paragraph of this entry is very very interesting, where you say you went to college with the aim of 'improving as a person', and set out goals which you have achieved. I'd love to see you elaborate on this in your next entry.

Anonymous said...

I really wish I had gone to uni but decided to go out and work instead! Silly me!

Wasn't DevilFish Poker on Ultimate Bet's software and network? I hate the Boss software but any links to 50% RB type deals would be superb!

Samuel said...

Well things aren't as I fully understand for Devilsfish deal. Cardroom2 as they call it is on boss network. While the main devilfish room is on entraction network which is pretty small but the players are terrible. So it sort of balances out.
Software is not too bad, there are some nice little things which ipoker could learn.

As for my first paragraph, hmmmn I may go into detail in future, not sure. It's a tad personal. See how I feel about it

Anonymous said...

what does the devilfish deal work out to %rb wise.